DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT EACH SESSION NOW INCLUDED BELOW!
The Supervisory Academy
November 1st, 2018
Hosted by Invista Performance Solutions
We are excited to bring you, our area supervisors and managers, a live professional development experience with our expert facilitators in a half-day of training.
Choose from one of four different workshops designed to help you grow new skills, develop new insights, and further develop your ability to lead your teams.
- $49 registration fee
- The event includes breakfast, lunch and your 4-hour workshop, plus training materials
Location: The McGavick Center – Building #23
Clover Park Technical College, 4500 Steilacoom Blvd S.W.
Lakewood, WA 98499
Event Schedule: November 1st, 2018
- 7am Doors Open/Continental Breakfast
- 8am-12 noon Training Sessions
- 12 noon – 1pm Lunch and Wrap-Up
The 4 Break-out sessions will be on the following topics and cover the following information:
1. Supervising is Leading- Leadership Development - By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the difference between leadership, being a leader and the role of a supervisor
- Understand the emerging conversational model of leadership
- Experience using a conversational model of leadership
- Understand the complex nature of change in organizations
2. Communicating Effectively with Your Team - By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand your own behavior bettter and how it can affect others
- Recognize how others see you, based on your behavior style
- Understand how each communication style interfaces with other styles
- Learn how behavior styles change when under tension versus under pressure
- Recognize communication patterns for each behavior style
3. Fostering Respect in a Diverse Workplace - By the end of the session, participants will:
- Establish a common ground of understanding by defining culture and its dimensions
- Define respect and identify respectful behavior
- Explore and answer the question “Why are we still having courses on diversity and inclusion?”
- Compare and contrast high low context cultures and evaluate the impact of these differences
- Explore myths and stereotypes and the trigger words and behaviors that are generated from them
- Evaluate the impact of cultural perspectives and communication styles on an individual’s ability to effectively interact with others
- Identify and explore issues and possible strategies for supervisors that will create a respectful workplace that embraces diversity
4.Techniques of Coaching and Mentoring - By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the differences between coaching and mentoring
- See the long term personal and team benefits of coaching and mentoring
- Be able to set more realistic coaching goals
- Identify the right circumstances for coaching
- Use strategic questions when providing constructive feedback
- Recognize some mentoring opportunities
Please follow us as we post more detailed information about these workshops. Early next week we will post a blog on our website describing each session in more detail.
NOTE: You can register 1 individual at a time for $49. IF you are registering more than 1 person you will need to contact Candace Barnwell, Administrative Assistant at (253) 583-8861.
After you register for this event, please send Candace an email indicating which session you would like to attend and if you have any special dietary restrictions for breakfast and lunch. You can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Register & Pay: REGISTER
YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!