- Manage the design, development, and delivery of assigned client projects in accordance with contract terms and timelines.
- Oversee scheduling of contracted classes, classrooms, and contracting with vendors to secure timely delivery of materials and supplies for training.
- Manage multiple priority projects and geographically distributed service teams.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of client files and all reports and records related to each training.
- Routinely conduct site visits to training locations.
- Work with vendors to secure materials and supplies for each client delivery within budget.
- Problem solve program delivery challenges by identifying concerns and corrective actions and pursuing them.
- Hire, supervise, train, evaluate, and mentor internal IPS program rollout staff in a collaborative team environment. Provide ongoing management support and direction to rollout team.
- Hire and supervise instructors/consultants design and delivery of new training products, reviewing learning objectives, outcomes, instructional activities and assessment tools to ensure they align with curriculum design best practices in adult learning.
- Provide consulting on-site at client organizations to uncover professional development needs.
Program Development 15%:
- Craft new training and development program solutions for existing clients into cost proposals and prepare budgets for expenditures. Negotiate pricing, and all other aspects of services, with clients for purpose of contracting.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures to increase the efficiency of each program delivery; practice continuous process improvement to refine program delivery operations.
Data Management 5%:
- Use data management tools to evaluate training programs, and provide reports to the client about satisfaction, learning, job application, and return on investment.
- Write for and manage the rollout of programming funded by federal, state (SBCTC), and local grants in accordance with funding agency requirements.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, providing agenda items on the status of all current and upcoming training deliveries for clarification and direction in contract delivery.
- Work with partner college staff and campus departments to ensure all documentation is completed and up-to-date, and that college procedures are followed for all contracts, including credit.
Marketing and Promotion 2%:
- Support marketing efforts by writing blogs, white papers, and other promotional copy.
- Attend and promote IPS at community marketing events and industry association meetings.
Other Duties 1%:
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Human Resources or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years professional experience in adult education, training design and delivery, or human resources development.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years of experience managing complex projects for internal or external clients.
- Experience designing or delivering virtual and/or live training curriculum.
- Experience with business management and communication software, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Skype.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage a high volume of training deliveries with multiple time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work as a leader in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team members, project management staff, and external units.
- Ability to assess talent, manage the performance of people and motivate others.
- Ability and willingness to learn and stay current on innovative programming in the training and development field.
- Ability to interface and stay poised when dealing with and presenting to a broad array of audiences.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Makes timely and informed decisions when working towards goal/task completion. Displays balanced thinking that combines analysis, wisdom, experience and perspective in decision making.
- Finds solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs.
- Demonstrates open-mindedness, inclusion, multicultural perspectives and multiple ways of knowing, thinking and being.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Experience working effectively with team members and with team development. Respects team and their individual perspectives. Keeps team members informed of work in progress.
- Keeps customer needs as top organizational and team priority and works collaboratively to solve customer problems and resolve complaints in a professional manner at all times.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Signed confidentiality and non-compete agreement.
- Must possess a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel locally (10% of work schedule).
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Meet the required qualifications as outlined in this announcement.
- Complete the online application profile at http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/dist/hr/.
- Apply for the specific job opening.
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how you meet the required and desired qualifications as outlined in this announcement. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your experience, training and/or skills. (Cover Letter)
- Upload (attach) a detailed résumé. (Résumé)
- If you are invited for an interview, you will be asked to bring unofficial transcripts showing completion of the required level of education. (Transcripts)
- Upload (attach) a list of at least two current professional references with names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Letters of recommendation are not a substitute for a list of references and will not be accepted. (References)
Special Note: All application materials must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the deadline date.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) Administrative Exempt position with Pierce College. The primary work location will be at Invista Performance Solutions, but regular travel to Pierce College campuses will occur. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (scheduled hours may vary), with occasional evenings as required. All positions may be subject to reassignment between campuses or sites.
Physical Work Environment:
This position is required to work indoors in an office environment.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the application and employment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible. Requests should be made to the District Human Resources Office by calling 253-964-7342. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state’s free telecommunication access service.
Screening & Interview Process:
Only those candidates who have complied with the application process and meet the required qualifications will be considered. The most desirable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Salary and Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $60,000- $70,000 annually (dependent upon qualifications), with incentive payments of up to an additional $25,000 per year. However, your paycheck is just part of the total compensation package. There is an outstanding benefits package which is worth an additional value equivalent to about 30% of your salary. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also provided.
Conditions of Employment:
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Pierce College has adopted a Drug Free Workplace policy. As a condition of employment, employees must agree to abide by the requirements established in that policy.
The Pierce College District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of Trustees and Pierce College District are committed to providing equal opportunity and will not discriminate in terms and conditions of employment and personnel practices. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
Questions regarding equal employment opportunities or discrimination may be directed to the following:
Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498
District Affirmative Action Officer
For more information or assistance regarding your application, contact Human Resources at:email@example.com