The Supervisory Academy was such an amazing success that IPS is offering a variety of 75-minute Virtual Instructor-Led Training Sessions. A unique session will be delivered every month over a period of 6 months from January to June 2019. You can continue a great learning experience right from your own desk!
These Virtual Instructor-Led Training Sessions will include a brief presentation by an IPS expert on a topic relevant to supervisors, an opportunity to ask questions, and then a discussion on the topic with supervisors from other organizations. The Virtual Training Sessions will also be recorded and made available to all participants for review.
The 6 topics of the Supervisory Series are:
- Motivating and Inspiring Your Team: Motivation is a critical component to employee engagement and productivity. Upon completion of this session, learners will be familiar with the factors that influence both intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. They will also be prepared to leverage both the state and trait of employee motivation.
2. Using Active and Effective Communication-Listening: Using time-tested and proven techniques of active and effective listening, supervisors can become more effective at both receiving and giving instructions. We’ll explore practices that lead to shared understanding through active and effective listening practices.
3. Giving Effective Feedback: Many employees feel disengaged from their organizations and work teams because they do not receive effective feedback. In this session, we’ll explore methods of having positive and even courageous conversations that facilitate engagement. Using proven methods of delivering feedback, we’ll increase shared understanding, clarity, and trust.
4. Navigating Your Team Through Change: Change is a constant in all organizations. Supervisors need to lead through it, and help manage it to see their employees stay aware and engaged throughout. In this session, we introduce you to the stages of change, how people normally react to it, and methods for making transitions as smooth and seamless as possible.
5. Managing Conflict Within Your Team: Conflict within a team is both healthy and inevitable, if managed properly. In this session, we explore effective methods of handling conflict in safe and healthy ways that will ultimately lead to building cohesive teams with mutual trust.
6. Developing Trust and Inclusion For a Diverse Team: Companies large and small are trying to figure out how to balance celebrating diversity while simultaneously maintaining a culture of loyalty and belonging. In this session, we’ll explore the point where uniqueness and belonging meet. We’ll push past the dated concepts of traditional diversity and inclusion and talk about all the dimensions of diversity and how to leverage them to build a cohesive team with mutual trust. We’ll explore how belonging contributes to shared understanding and willingness to exercise structured initiative and accept prudent risk.
Please visit our website here as information is updated regularly…
The registration process, fees, and specific dates are still tentative, so stay tuned!