Invista Performance Solutions (IPS) is a Pierce County partnership of community and technical colleges.  We provide customized employee training and development programs to serve the needs of WA State employers.  Our programs transform people and organizations!

One benefit of working with IPS is our ability to access and coordinate State of WA funding for customized training programs at your company.

Customized Training Program (CTP program) Click here for more information from the State website

The Washington Customized Training Program (CTP) was created by the WA State Legislature to provide training assistance to businesses who pay B & O taxes and provide employment opportunities in Washington.

What Kind of Trainings Are Funded?

Training is provided by community, technical or private career colleges, and other private educational providers.  We are able to fund the following types of programs:

  • Basic education and skills
  • English language for non-native speakers
  • Softskills, including teambuilding, coaching, leadership and management
  • Technical/Industrial skills and other job-related instruction
  • Skills and team assessments and evaluations
  • Training equipment, materials, facilities and supplies can be included

How Does the Customized Training Program Work?

Under the Customized Training Program, the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) pays IPS the costs up front to deliver your customized training program.  At project completion, your business repays the costs to the SBCTC over 18 months interest free. The first payment is 25% of the full cost, and the remaining 75% is spread over the next 18 months. With each payment, your business receives a state B&O tax credit equal to 50% of the payment. The total tax credit will be 50% of the full cost of the training program.

Who is Using the Customized Training Program Funding?

IPS has the following businesses currently using the CTP program for customized employee training: Wilcox Farms, Motive Power Marine, Retail Association of WA, Gundersen Dental, and Cameron Nursery.  Past clients of IPS include Celebrity Gourmet Ventures, Financial Pacific Leasing (Umpqua Bank), Shining Ocean, Ionic, and Reischling Press.

How Do I Get Started?

Contact us today for a no-obligation Training Needs Analysis.  We will determine your eligibility for a CTP Project and write the application for your training plan.